Monday, November 29, 2010


It is so marvelous to be back on line. I found it much harder to be the light one wants to see in the world when we were on day two of a neighbourhood blackout. The challenges of a 2.5yr old with chicken pox and creative, appetizing meals for the family with the quickly spoiling contents of fridge and freezer were a little overwhelming. Thankfully I haven't plugged in the chest freezer so I don't have to fret over finding any decomposing puddles in there and hubby got the message fairly quickly that a lunch out with Daddy on Sunday and a let Mom get some quiet time alone arrangement was in everyone's best interests.

Apparently the power company is stepping up its power rationing schedule. Usually they only turn off the power for a few manageable hours at a time. Two days seemed rather unfair from this side but there was also talk of a broken something or other. Transformers and cable are often poached in these parts. Given the lack of power for things like the computer and hot water for washing dishes I have had the opportunity to be outside more..or at least think away from the computer screen. Here's the latest of my garden safari. This fly is about half the size of my smallest fingernail. It hid behind the leaf and actually popped back and forth seemingly curious about the monstrous lens I poked into the bush right up to the edge of its leaf. Fond thoughts to all….must post and get off line -- I'm back on emergency back up power which gives me enough time to finish up, sign off and shut down. Pray for a short one!

No comments: